I AM

A friend of my (Lucy) give me the book "I Am That", which is a dialogue of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj where he said that the only thing that matter is the "I am". In the beginning when I start reading the book I feel that it was very interesting, but I know very well the I am that means that "I am who I am" after a little while I left the book with out understanding the more important meaning of all.

One year later, (in September 2013) I was very ill and my dearest friend Les bring me to the hospital thinking that it was to much and that I needed medical attention fast. When I was in the hospital resting I have this meditation in where I have to focus in myself and focus in my heart; I did it, and after that my life start to change.

I always meditate, but what I had been taught was to go out there to see what happens, but this is a completely different meditation. In this meditation with your eyes close, you focus in the space in front of your eyes; you put the tip of your tongue in any place in the top of your mouth and go into your heart only to feel who you are. You feel how your heartbeat is, how your blood run into your body only feeling that you are present, that you are a live, that you are I AM.

From that moment on, my meditations are only to focus in myself, my character change, my relationships (That means, friends, family, co-workers) completely change and my health is improving, (of course I continued with my medication). I feel different, happier with myself, and the things I am doing, and finally all the things I want for my family and I are happening.

Working with myself help me to be a better person, and have the life I want only because I work in loving myself; yes, I know you can think: I love my self and my life is terrible? Or nothing that I want is working. Let me tell you, before I think exactly the same as you, but when starting this meditation, that everyday is different because we cannot make our brain get the change to be comfortable and dominate who you really are, make me realise that I do not love myself enough. That it was my reality, if I love myself enough, I do not need to be begging for love, I do not do things to make other people happy, I do not need to work so hard to show other people how good I am. Why? Because when you work in yourself, you love yourself enough to feel better with you, you feel proud of yourself, because you know all the knowledge is in you. What happen after that is that the people around you feel the change in your energy, and they change with you and without asking, love come to your way, everything you do, people around you complement you and tell you how good you are. That is what we have to do. Live and feel the I AM.

I started reading the book again and I love living what Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj teach us in that book, when he want us to trust and believe "seeing the nature of the world and of the I AM". He wants us to "study how our bodies and mind works in intense concentration, to understand that we are neither of them". He say that if "we return again and again in the I AM until it is us only abode, outside of which nothing exists; until the ego as a limitation of I AM disappeared we can finally have the highest realization".

That is what I am working right now, and let me tell you that it works for me, and believe me if you really want the change, I strongly believe it works for you too.

Love and Light

Rosario

Comments