My Health Journey


I was battling for a long time (over 19 years!) with high blood pressure, diabetes, weight gain, and osteoarthritis. In September of 2014 my doctor said to me that for my 50th birthday I will be either be dead or in a wheelchair! I was so angry with him because I wanted to be there for my family, I want to be there for my 2 daughters and see them became beautiful ladies. Those words propelled me to take action!

In that moment I decided that he doesn't have the power to determine that future for me. It is only me who can decide what my future will look and feel like. And I started doing the changes necessary to rebuild my health. In November 2014, I figured out that I was taking medications that were not helping me, and they were only making my quality of life go down and weight gain go up.  People can say a lot of things about your situation but it’s you that needs to understand who you are and why you are taking a road that is sabotaging you. Taking the right actions resulted in me finally losing 60 pounds (I want to lose 60 more in 2016).  Oh and that same doctor instructed me to stop taking ALL medications (April 2015) because I did not need them anymore (happy dance). Shifting from a state of constant exhaustion to feeling energized feels amazing too.

What I want is for people in similar situations to know relief is possible, I'm living proof. 

Contact me if you want support in living your life your way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM