Healhy Eating? or is it more than that?


I realized that everybody is talking about eating healthy right now. But what really is eating healthy? Is it by changing my food habits, or become vegetarian or what?

Well, for a long time I have been doing meditation and trying to do whatever it take to have a healthy life. But, for a long time in my meditation I would hear vegetarian diet, vegetarian diet, and vegetarian diet. And I think, alright, what does a vegetarian diet mean? Do you stop eating meat for good or what?

I know I am overweight, and I know that its because of my medication, however I never realize that everything I used in my house can be affecting me as well.  It was not only my medication, but also the products that make my food, the detergent I use to wash my clothing, the soap I use to take a shower, the deodorant, the makeup,  the creams, and on and on.

What I can do to have a healthy life? Watch carefully what I buy for my house; take conscience of the products and what they contain inside. If there any chemicals? It’s something there that can harm us?

It’s a big job the first time you start looking, it took me a long time to read the ingredients each of the products say they have but, something that I saw repeatedly is that in the soap for the shower, the cream and deodorant that I use are made with aluminium, and I know that everything that we put in our skin goes from our pours straight into our body, and as a result the aluminium harms us.

But what hit me the most is that the makeups which are for sale in the stores are not approved by the FDA! No wonder that for so long, every time I use makeup my face would start burning me and I would have an itchiness from irritated skin that I cannot understand. Well, I found an organic makeup now- it took 3 hours of reading in the store for organic makeup that do not have aluminium!  

And I had to do the same thing with all the rest. I grew up in a very healthy environment, and I knew my great grandma have high blood pleasure, my grandmother and father have it too, so of course I have it because it runs in the family, but never diabetes or osteoarthritis! Then why do I have these two? Well, let me tell you that my husband is not a restaurant eating person, he just does not like to go eat out, and seeing “Hell Kitchen” on the TV did not help me to put him in a restaurant for nothing in the world! My eldest daughter from the moment she was born did not take like normal children the very well-known “Gerber foods” every time I want her to eat it, she just did not want it, then I have to make her food from scratch.  It was a little later on after that I discover from my doctor that she was allergic to the preservatives they put in those foods. We are very obligated to eat healthy but why I have gained weight?  For my medication and the product I use like I said before tons of times!

It's not by becoming vegan or vegetarian because even people that eat like this can be overweight, it is by taking conscience of the products we buy to eat, and read the labels because if you see something you cannot read, please know that it is a chemical product, leave it there and do not buy it! Look for something healthy (natural) because those other products can make you overweight and help you to get ill.

The detergent you buy for your clothing will not help you either because it can itch (irritate) your skin due to the chemicals. Now what I do is use baking soda as detergent and white vinegar as the softener and it has made my clothing cleaner and even my white clothing is whiter than ever and we do not have the itching from irritated skin anymore.

With this, I want to tell you that there are better options from where you choose from and use for a better life. Think for a moment, if you do not take care of yourself and your family there is nobody out there to do it for you. All of the companies that sell those products- the only thing they want is to SELL, they do not care about us at all!

I was very sick and tired of people and my doctors saying that I do not take care of myself, and I did my work, it was not me who was not taking care of me, it was the things that they want me to do and use.

Also, I was told to drink orange juice, eat margarine, etc. and everything of the diet that they want me to take only help me to get big because it was full of sugar!! All of that sugar is not good because it gave me osteoarthritis.

Yes, I know doctors know best they study for that, one problem though is I grew up between doctors in my family and I hear it all and I know that doctors, when they go to university, are taught nothing about nutritional health. My uncles, cousins and even my sister do not understand what they have to say to their patients because even if they know that the medication does not work, in this country if you go to the doctor’s office what they have to give you is nothing but medication.

That is why I decided to tell you today to take conscience and do the change for a better healthy life. Do everything from scratch like the times of our grandparents and you tell me later how you feel, try it for a week and tell me.

I promise you that you can see the difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM